The Opacity of Transparency
transparency boards will be established in each of the key delivery departments (health, education, justice, work and pensions, transport).
I’ve just done a quick trawl and found:
- Health and Social Care Transparency Panel
- DfT Transport Sector Transparency Board
- DWP Welfare Sector Transparency Board
- Crime and Justice Transparency Board Minutes on the data.gov.uk site (via Chris Hanretty)
but not corresponding boards for DfE (Education) or
MoJ (Justice)? If you know where to find any more info about these boards (or links to sources explaining why they don’t exist) please let me know via the comments…
It does, however, look as if there may be a Research Sector Transparency Board on the way…(?)
There’s also a smattering of other transparency boards/panels:
- Local Public Data Panel (via DCLG Public Data and Transparency Board)
- Public Sector Transparency Board (which is essentially the Cabinet Office’s Transparency Board)
- Data Strategy Board (which is down the /transparency path on the BIS website) and the Cabinet Office sponsored(?) Open Data User Group
(Again, please let me know via the comments if I’m missing any…)
All departments are also required to publish open data strategies – you can find links to them here: Cabinet Office list of Departmental Open Data Strategies.
I do wonder what all this alleged transparency means or makes possible though…?