Reusing stuff from before, a notebook with code to scrape Local Election Notice of Poll PDFs. Includes scripts for geocoding addresses, trying to find whether candidates live in ward or out of ward, searches for possible directorships of locally registered companies amongst the candidates:
Other things that come to mind, with a bit more data:
- is a candidate standing for re-election?
- has a candidate stood previously (and for which party), and/or previously been a councillor?
- how may committee membership change if a councillor loses their seat?
- which seats are vulnerable based on previous voting numbers?
- what are demographics of council wards?